The Ministry has introduced few solar PV initiatives to encourage Malaysia’s Renewable Energy (RE) uptake. Read more about it here at here.
Understand the Net Energy Metering (NEM) tariff in Malaysia, their respective rate of charges, and which type of tariff is eligible to apply for NEM. Read more about it here.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) regarding Net Energy Metering (NEM). Read more about it here.
Net Energy Metering - NEM Tariff in Malaysia
1. Net Energy Metering (NEM) is only eligible for registered consumers of Distribution Licensees (DL) – in Peninsular Malaysia (TNB), and Sabah & Labuan (SESB)
- Domestic/Residential (Kediaman)
- Commercial (Perdagangan) [inclusive of government buildings]
- Industrial (Perindustrian)
4. The resource for producing electricity shall be from Solar Photovoltaic (Solar PV) only
Electricity Tariff Rate for Net Energy Metering/NEM in Malaysia
1. Tariff A: Domestic/Residential (Kediaman)
2. Tariff B, C1 and C2: Commercial (Perdagangan) [Inclusive of Government Buildings]
3. Tariff D, E1, E2 and E3: Industrial (Perindustrian)